Following our appointment we undertake to:
- Serve an Initial Notice onto the Local Authority.
- Liaise as necessary with design consultants to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations.
- Consult with the local fire authority (where required) on the proposed fire safety strategy and notify them of any significant departures from the design.
- Retain full records of the design assessment philosophy for future reference and continuity of control.
- Assess main design proposals and provide our compliance report detailing any non-compliance items to the designated persons.
- Assess amendments throughout the scheme and provide written feedback on compliance and non-compliance to the designated persons.
- Consult with sewerage undertakers and other similar bodies where required to ensure the design satisfies their requirements, and notify such bodies of any significant departures from the design.
- Provide advice on local acts where relevant to Building Regulations.
- Provide on request our complaints procedure.
Following commencement of site works we undertake to:
- Liaise with the contractor/designated persons to understand the build programme and to set out an inspection plan.
- Carry out unannounced and announced site inspections in accordance with the inspection plan, with no less than one visit per month for a live project.
- Identify non-compliance work promptly to the responsible persons and indicate measures believed necessary to remedy contraventions.
- Issue a final certificate to the Local Authority, Fire Service (when required) and designated persons once we are satisfied the scheme meets compliance with the building regulations.