Once you have appointed us to provide the necessary building control services we will serve the Initial Notice onto the relevant Local Authority. This is to advise them a registered / accredited building control body has been appointed and upon satisfactory completion, will issue a copy of the Final Certificate.
Please find below a summary of the service you will receive from Thames Building Control Ltd.
Serving the Initial Notice on your behalf:
- This is a legal document which we serve onto the Local Authority advising them we have been appointed to provide the necessary building control approval.
- The Initial Notice must be served no less than 5 days before work commences on site, otherwise it will be invalid, therefore you will have to make an application to the Local Authority.
- Approved Inspectors cannot provide retrospective approval or "sign off." This can only be provided by the Local Authority as it is classed as unauthorised work.
Our Plans Assessment:
- We undertake a "plans assessment" on all projects. This assessment is based on the plans we have received.
- Assessments usually take 10-15 days, based on the type of work involved. You will receive our comments or observations relating to any non-compliance items within a building control report/letter format.
- All reports or letters will be issued by email to the designated / responsible person (agent) with a copy issued to the client.
- During the process we will liaise as necessary with the design consultants relating to any Building Regulation queries they may have.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the work and final inspection has taken place along with all relevant information provided, we will issue the Final Certificate within 5 working days.
- We will retain full records, including plans/details based on the design assessment for future reference and continuity of control.
We will invoice you our fees once the Initial Notice has been issued to the Local Authority.
Fees are subject to our T&C's and all invoices must be paid on presentation to avoid any unnecessary delays. We are unable to book site inspections if unpaid invoices apply.
Payment can be made through your online bank, by BACS payment or cheque.
Unfortunately, we do not have the facility to take payment over the phone.